STS Motors are a leading designer and manufacturer of ATEX & IECEx certified explosion-proof motors. Our motors are used world-wide in hazardous locations – typically in oil and gas pipelines, offshore production platforms and petro-chemical installations.
Our Ex d motors are produced in different frame sizes providing outputs from 0.18kW to 6.5kW. The motors are designed to cover a wide speed and voltage range with particular emphasis on low voltage battery / solar panel fed motors for pump drives of 24V.
Supply and output
Available in 24V and 110-120V variants
- 24V – 0.20kW to 1.87kW
- 110V to 120V – 1.5kW to 6.5kW
- Zone 1, gas groups I & IIB (gas group I only available on 110-120V variants),
- Temperature classification – T4
- Ambient temperature range
- Standard -20°C to +40°C
- High ambient -20°C* to +58°C / 60°C (dependent on duty rating)
- Extreme -40°C to +57°C / 60°C (dependent on duty rating and variant)
- IP54 to IP56 – dependent on variant.
Frame sizes and mounting
- Produced in IEC frame sizes with IEC, NEMA or custom flange / face mounting, with or without feet.
- Manufactured and tested in line with the requirements of the IEC/EN60034-1, IEC/EN60079-0 and IEC/EN60079-1.
Optional peripheral equipment
- In-line or right-angle drive gearboxes and pumps can be supplied fitted.